Yes, it's all about me. Suck it up and get on with your life.

Just the normal (and abnormal) everyday stuff of my life. See something you don't like? Be sure to leave your phone number, and I promise I'll call you if I ever start giving half a flying rat's ass what you think about me. Just don't wait up by the phone, dearie.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

$17 Farmers Market Haul

For a measly $17:

8 tomatoes (medium to small)
2 large cumcumbers
6 ears bi-corn
8 Jonathan apples
1 loaf basil-sun dried tomato bread

Some of the corn will go into a raw curried corn salad; some will go into a raw corn, tomato, cucumber, and avocado salad.

The rest of the tomatoes will go into a raw soup (haven't decided yet if I want to do a gazpacho, or something else). I'm considering juicing a few with some cucumber and celery.

The apples and the rest of the cucumbers will be eaten as-is. I might make David's Favorite Dessert with a few apples (diced apples, chopped raw walnuts, raw honey, cinnamon--mix and eat).

The good word is--my daughter and son-in-law are moving out!! I love them dearly, but the thought of having a meat-free refrigerator (not to mention more space for watermelon!) is sweeter than Tupelo honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment